February always seems like dead month, right? I mean, everyone's still trying to recover from the sleep deprivation of the Aussie Open, and the tournaments are in the Middle East, where we're forced to watch the best tennis players in the world play in front of near-empty stadiums.
BUT. There was actually a crazy amount of crazy that happened this past February. I KNOW! I FORGOT TOO!
- One last look at the Australian Open.
- This stuff only (always?) happens to JJ.
- As I left for Hobart for Fed Cup, I stopped to reflect on my first credentialed stint at a Slam.
- Cheerleading Masha, self-destructing Sam, and Kim with champagne down her pants? It must be Fed Cup. It must be love.
- Watching the Australia vs. Italy tie in Hobart. So much fun.
- You'll be missed, Stubbsy.
- Grease to the curb.
- ZOMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS. Hev drills Woz in the face.
- Bepa introduces the slow burn flip out. "You can't see the ball but now you can speak Russian?"
- Milos Raonic won a tournament in the States, so we did what we always do to Canadians: stereotype them HARD.
- Chakky noooooooooooooo! And in all seriousness, noooooooo.
- My annual conniption fit in Dubai.
- I think this kid loves Sasha more than Masha does. UhhhhhhhhDORABLE.
- Milos beat Fernando again and it became pretty clear that TGO ("The Gelled One") reaaaaaaally wanted to beat the crap out of him.
- Oh man. Iskorazzi. ISKORAZZI. That was fun. Until it got real.
- Petko was really dominating Twitter.
- Wet Rafa.
- Caro grabbed on to #1 and didn't let go.
- Kolya. Irina. Bathrobes. GO!
- WHERE'S YO HAIR?!?!?
- No really, WHERE IT AT???
- Mario Ancic bid us a sexy adieu.
- Hitler was not pleased to hear Andy Murray lost.
- Is it just me or does Kader look high in this clip?
- HAHAHAHAHA. Pwnd.
- Justine fessed up to some stuff maybe. And yet, once again, Game, Set, Match, Willliams.
- Nole 2.0 came, saw, and conquered.
- I tapped the world #1 to win and then Bepa comes through and flashes her baby blues in Dubai.
- Delpo was stoked to win a title in Delray Beach, and Daveed and Gisela wore hats.
Solid February, February. You did well for yourself. Perfectly respectable.
NOW BRING ON THE INDIAN WELLS...