You realize your avatar is you with a ball in your mouth, right? Just checking.
So...Domi was kind of excited securing a point when Ana was forced to retire in tears due to her abdominal injury on Sunday. Eyewitness accounts describe her as celebrating like a fucktard while Ana was busy crying into her racquet bag (paraphrasing, mine). I wish I could show you what happened but the YouTubes are empty.
What I do know is that if she did what everyone says she did (again, assumption) then it was, inarguably, a pretty classless move. If Amelie Mauresmo can hold her shit together and show some compassion when she WON A GRAND SLAM off a retirement, then surely you can keep your shit together when you secure a non-decisive point in a Fed Cup relegation tie. Am I being controversial here?
But let's give Midge the benefit of the doubt and say she got caught up in the moment (and yes, I'm ignoring my Ally McBeal instincts to yell "But it's an excited utterance and thus admissible hearsay!" Trying to be mature here). But they she took to the Twitter and tweeted her excitement. I gotta say, this short-sightedness sure does make me appreciate Caro's boring but classy post-match tweets.
Whoops. Got distracted. The point of this post was actually just to post up tweets at her that cracked me up:
It reads, "Thank you to everybody:) it's okay, they just can not survive losing;)"
All hilarious. But this one was my fave:
All that said, I do kiiiiiinda feel bad for the players on Twitter. But like it or not, here are the rules:
- You can't interact with fans in a negative way, like, AT ALL.
- You have to ignore all the crap that gets tweeted at you. All of it.
- If you don't want to ignore that crap and you do want to get into it with fans, then just be prepared for the backlash. Don't act all "What did I say???" No one's that dumb. Except for maybe Ernests Gulbis, but he's not on Twitter.
- Think before you tweet. Like...*every* angle. Know how it can be misinterpreted. And if there's the slightest chance that someone could see it as a dig, keep it to yourself. Don't you have a personal Facebook page where you can vent that shit?
- Never tweet backflips when you win by retirement. EVER.
There's my Forty Deuce PSA. The more you know.