July came and I got my first press pass? Which...kicked off a pretty crazy summer for me.
- Tennis fatigue started to set in.
- Remember this smile. It's the last time you'll see it. Wait, no, this was the last time we saw it.
- Gilles finally talked about what we all already knew.
- I think Robbie (and Maz!) adequately summed this up.
- As expected, the Serbia/Croatia tie was intense.
- Nalby rocked Davis Cup. As per yoosh.
- Fed went on vacay. So did Rafa. Um...different.
- I got word of my first press pass. God bless Stanford and IMG.
- Spain won the World Cup. Not that I'd know.
- Ana loves Montreal. Montreal hates Ana. Nevermind, Montreal loves Ana. Ana says, "Fuck off."
- This hot piece of ass went off the market.
- The Curse of Portoroz strikes. Also, that Awesomeness of Portoroz was proven, once again.
- Bad Gastein happened.
- Delpo was in the news. And he really shouldn't have been. At all.
- Welcome to Atlanta, tennis.
- Goose pumps.
- I hit up Stanford, one of my favorite WTA tournaments ever, with a press pass in hand. I fucked up the draw, hung out with Dinara, attended All-Access Hour, got to ask Sam a question or two, sat through my first Masha presser, and noticed Ana's improved fitness. You can read all my Stanford stuff here.
- It started out so innocently. But it spiraled out of control preeeeeetty damn quick.
- This set of Masha videos is one of my top 5 highlights of the year.
- Besties. Don't you dare forget.
- Masha and Lena played a pretty crazy match.
- Comfortably Lynn.
- Believe kicked off her "Seriously. Don't pay attention to me" tour.
- I'm just going to take a moment to pull an "I told you so" and remind everyone that I was feeling pretty optimistic about Ana. Also, she's popular.
- STILL GROSS.
- We said goodbye to Miles.
More summer adventures to come.
(Pic: Forty Deuce)