It's a shame they're not both wearing flannel. Opportunity lost.
Thanks to the hard working folks at the WTA, here are the Doha scenarios going into tomorrow:
- Sam only has to win one set to clinch a spot in the semis. Fran has to win to stay alive.
- If Woz wins then she clinches a spot (and the #1 rank)
- If Sam and Fran win, then Sam advances.
- If Lena and Fran win, then Sam advances, Woz is eliminated.
- If Lena wins in 2 sets and Woz wins in 2 or 3 sets, then Fran is eliminated.
- If Lena wins in 3 sets and Woz wins in 2 sets, Sam and Woz advance.
- If Lena wins in 3 sets and Woz wins in 3 sets, Sam advances and Fran is eliminated.
- If Kim wins, Bepa and Kim advance.
- If Vika wins in 2 sets, Bepa advances nothing changes. All four can still advance.
- If Vika wins in 3 sets, Bepa advances, JJ eliminated.
- If Woz goes winless in Doha and Vera goes undefeated, Vera clinches the year-end ranking.
- Kim is the only one who can overtake Vera for #2 but she has to win the title in order to have a chance at it.
- If Sam wins all 3 RR matches, she'll clinch a Top 5 ranking. If she wins the title she has a chance to go as high as #3.
- If Fran wins her remaining RR matches, she could over take Venus and make her Top 5 debut. She could even go as high as #3 if she makes the final.
- Vika, JJ, and Elena all have a chance at the Top 5 if they win the title.