I'm a bit busy with some personal stuff this week (don't worry, it's nothing serious or anything) so I apologize for falling behind on the blogging. To be honest, I normally don't feel bad about it (because I'm a dick) but seeing as how Wimbledon starts in less than a week, I feel particularly derelict in my responsibilities to you, the sometimes-loyal-but-would-totally-stab-me-in-the-back reader.
Thankfully there are other great tennis bloggers who aren't ignoring the tennis. I don't really like churning links, but again, it's the week before Wimbledon and I feel like if I don't set the table for all the jokes I plan to drop in the next couple of weeks, well, the jokes will fail. And nothing pisses me off more than someone making unfunny jokes especially when that someone is me.
So here's my churnalistic attempt to get you caught up with the goings on in Yellow Ball Land. And by "Yellow Ball Land" I mean tennis, not Asian porn. Get your head out of the gutter and into the game, pervies.
- Uncle Jamie throws his Wimbly thoughts out into the information superhighway. You should read it because I always agree with him. Except for the times when I don't.
- Stephanie Myles, thankfully, breaks down how the Wimbledon seeds are calculated for the ATP side. Why did she feel compelled to Mathnet? Because Fed has been seeded #1 and the Twitterverse had a cow. And by Twitterverse I mean me because I was apparently the only one in the world who didn't know that the formula only applies to the ATP, not the WTA. My thoughts in a nutshell: I don't really care that Fed's #1. It had no effect on the draw. It's more symbolic than anything else, you know, like THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. But what does annoy me is that this formula isn't used for the ladies. Think about it and you will come to the same conclusion that I did: Wimbledon hates Venus.
- C Note read at Down The Line that Franny is referring to herself in the third-person. C Note thinks it's just...weird.
- GoToTennis sat on a conference call with Brad and Mary and didn't bother asking whether there would be a "Big Babe Tennis 2: Electric Buggaloo" installment this year. Also they both pick Rafa to win. Where was Aunty Pimmy?!?
- I love Andy Murray. Just thought I'd mention it.
- Vika and Sveta won back to back matches. That seems like news.
- You don't want to know how this makes me feel, Roger.
- Best. Coach. EVAH.
- Sam just wants to make the fourth round at Wimbledon. Now if people could please stop paying attention to her, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Meanwhile, she's doing ok on grass so far, making the quarters of Eastbourne against Elena Baltacha.
- Boom Boom Sabine is out of Wimbledon.
- Great piece on Shazza in The Guardian.
- JJ's boxing. If JJ doesn't like fistpumps in her face, I can't think she's a fan of fists in her face. Also, "WATCH THE NOSE!"
- Welcome back, Kimmy. I see you've left your mercy in Belgium.
- Thanks to Jane Peng for getting Boyfriend to link to my Rafa piece. That's how the Kong rolls.
- WTA Boo Boo Boo Watch: MaKiri retired with an ab injury; Aravane retired with a right wrist injury; Nails also retired.
- ATP Boo Boo Boo Watch: Nico retired with a right hip injury; Feli retired two points from losing with some sort of injury, I'm thinking it was either a brain injury or World Cup fever; Special Kei also retired.
- Via Twitter, Nalby announced he's not playing Wimbledon. So enjoy your crumpets as per yoosh.
- I would like to be introduced to these "people" who thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen. Seriously, Serena. I want a list. Tweet it.
- Oh, and Rafa's in Mallorca hanging with Xisca. And probably crying. A lot.