- A smoke grey Casio Baby G watch. Because I am 16 years old. And because I'm actually 32 years old and haven't owned a watch in years. I will try and use it to blind Vika during her day matches.
- 2 tanktops. The San Franciscan in me is always very paranoid about being too cold. Thus I have a preternatural aversion to shorts. Tanktops satisfy my temperature regulation issues and allow me to wear jeans every day. #moreinformationthanyouneedtoknow
- Kiehls' Amino Acid shampoo (smells like coconut!) and Grooming Aid 133. Not really for Indian Wells, I guess. I'm one of those cheapos who tends to use the hotel stuff (though the La Quinta Resort has *amazing* products so I'm excited about hoarding those). But Love All left her Kiehls conditioner at my house and I may have used it all because I was too lazy to restock on my own conditioner. So since I was at Kiehls buying her a new bottle I figured I should probably buy my own. The shampoo was actually more of a gift to myself. I don't actually use Kiehls shampoo. I use Aveda Shampure. But it's always nice to mix it up. Aren't you glad you read this entire paragraph?
- A dumb hipster hat. Because I am a dumb hipster.* Also because I cut my hair and look like a shaggy haired boy if I wear a baseball cap or a visor.
- "Hello, My Name Is" name tags.
- A copy of "The Kindly Ones" by Jonathan Littell. Nothing goes with elite level tennis like a controversial 1,000 page book about Nazis that has been translated from French.
- A red Mophie Juice Pack so that I can tweet and post with abandon from my iPhone. And because I can't be a normal person and just get the black one.
- The new Broken Bells album. I can't listen to Sleater-Kinney the whole time, right? (Wrong.)
- Four Scrimshaw Pilsners. Again, not for Indian Wells but I took a break from shopping to meet up with friends. Again, information you could care less about but I wanted to round this out to 10 things.
- A Belkin TuneTalk. I'm going to try and do some recording on site and upload them when I get back at the hotel.
All this is to say, NPR's SXSW coverage will pale in comparison to what Forty Deuce could potentially bring you over the next week from the dry desert of Indian Wells. I say "potentially" because it is entirely possible that I could just get really drunk and forget I even have a blog. I mean, we're talking about someone who comes home drunk, almost falls over while getting into her PJs, writes a blog post, and then falls asleep without posting it. So that is my caveat, people. If I check into the site and people are bitching and moaning about what's not being covered, let it be known that it's probably because I'm actually sitting and watching a match (where it would be rude to be pecking on an iPhone) or I'm passed out in the grass under a tree as Love All draws a dick on my leg.
So six in one, half-dozen in the other. Either way, I'm going to have a fuckin' good time.
*I'm not actually a hipster. I'm not cool enough to pull that off. Please don't act surprised when you see me and realize that I'm just a normal human being with hipster tendencies.