Dina fell to Jay-Z in three, 75 46 64. Of course no one could possibly offer any insight to this match because it wasn't broadcast anywhere. But from what I can tell from the livescore, it all came down to 1st serve points won. Dina only won 58% of her first serve points compared to Jay-Z's 63%. Even crazier? Jay-Z won 42% of her 1st serve return points, compared to 37% for Dina. Dina's one of the biggest servers on tour so if tiny Jay-Z is outplaying her on first serve points, you know we have trouble in paradise.
In other crap news, Boom Boom had to retire from her match against Sorana with a bum shoulder. Not that I was rooting for her against Sorana, but I would have liked to have seen those two play this one through. And by "see" I mean "stare at livescore".
But if Championship Sunday ends up with an all Polish final, I'm am going to crack some heads.
Oh, and did I mention Dani and Ai lost their dubs match? In fact, both of the top seeded dubs teams fell today.
Here are today's scores:
Singles - Third Round
(14) Zheng Jie (CHN) d. (1) Dinara Safina (RUS) 75 46 64
(2) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 76(5) 46 64
(10) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. (5) Nadia Petrova (RUS) 63 63
(13) Samantha Stosur (AUS) d. (6) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 63 62
(8) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) 63 62
Urszula Radwanska (POL) d. (12) Li Na (CHN) w/o (right knee injury)
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) d. (17) Sabine Lisicki (GER) 63 10 ret. (shoulder injury)
Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. Alona Bondarenko (UKR) 46 60 63
Doubles - Quarterfinals
Kirilenko/A.Radwanska (RUS/POL) d. (1) Stosur/Stubbs (AUS/AUS) 63 76(3)
Chuang/Yan (TPE/CHN) d. (2) Hantuchova/Sugiyama (SVK/JPN) 16 63 107
(4) Hsieh/Peng (TPE/CHN) vs. A.Bondarenko/Vesnina (UKR/RUS) w/o (Vesnina: low back strain)
King/Niculescu (USA/ROU) d. Garbin/Schiavone (ITA/ITA) w/o (Schiavone: right hamstring strain)