The way I see it, Venus and Ana have the most difficult quarter, Kuz and JJ have the easiest, and Dina has the most unpredictable, and Serena/Vika have the most straightforward.
Here are my big questions going into Rome:
- How is Serena feeling physically? She should get past Patty easily but then she could face Nails and Caro/Viko. I don't think she has much to worry about against Caro/Viko, both of whom I think might be getting a tick worn out. So if she can hit the semis with a 3/4 full tank of gas watch out.
- Will JJ get her revenge over Gisela and/or Flavia?
- La Cone pulled a groin but will play in Rome anyway. Guess she's not going to take le break.
- Which versions of the following Jekyll/Hyde players will show up: CSN, Mono, Momo, and Gypsy? Whether Dina's quarter results in a blood bath is depending on the answer to that question.
- Is Ana going to get enough match play here? She'll have to be sharp off the bat against Tranny.
- Was Charleston a fluke for Venus (hard to say it was a fluke now that Sabine has strung together good results)? Here's hoping for a Venus/Ana quarterfinal.