More Serena fun. And since I now have a proven track record of misquoting her and taking her words out of context, I'll just post her entire blog posting here.
I know that you all are wondering how I am doing since my loss in Rome. So, I will provide you with a brief overview of my trip thus far. My flight to Rome was wonderful. I enjoyed relaxing with my girls although the flight was long. I went to practice straight away after adjusting to the time change, of course. I’m currently in a terrible mood because of my early lost. I understand that I can’t win each time that I play however, I’m extremely disappointed in myself. As I stated previously, I’m my own critic. I honestly did not leave my room for over 24 hrs. Mentally sorting through the lost & attempting to determine reasons for the lost that I consider legit are important to me. I don’t like to contemplate on the negative because I consider myself to be an optimistic person. Now, I’m getting my leg prepared for the French Open. I don’t think it was good for me to play Rome but the WTA has rules & regulations that they enforce. There are moments like now where I feel they don’t care if you are headless if u don’t play a tournament you are severely punished. I personally disagree with some of the rules enforced by the WTA, yet I understand with a misunderstanding & I comply. So, for now I am preparing myself & trying to remain calm. A lost is a lost but my health is important to me.
P.S. Please, share information regarding rules & regulations that you disagree with related to your job/career. Don’t forget you can find my on twitter at www.twitter.com/serenajwilliams!
Since my complaints about the rules & regulations at my job can't be condensed into a 140 character message, I shall list them here:
- The fact that I have to be at work at 9am. How dare they?
- The fact that my lunch hour is only 1 hour. Fuck that!
- The fact that I only get three weeks vacation a year. What am I, in prison?
- The fact that my office is not located near an amusement park. Again, prison.
- The fact that we're not allowed to just go home when the weather's nice outside. It's like a scene from Amistad up in here.
- The fact that if I do not do my job well I'll get fired. Fascists!!!
- The fact that if I do not do my job at all I'll get fired. Who came up with this crazy scheme?
- The fact that I actually have to show up in order to get paid. Uh, hello? That's not how the world works, fuckers!
Pfew. I'm so glad I was able to get that off my chest.
PS -- If someone wants to explain to me what it means to "understand with a misunderstanding" and comply, I'd love to know. She really lose me there.