So it's Davis Cup week and you know what that means. Lots of pictures of hot sweaty guys hugging and humping each other, heartmelty teaminess, and drama drama drama.
Let's start with the drama roundup:
- "Team" Argentina announced their team last week and it didn't include Elf. No biggie, right? They're just playing the Dutch and they still have their volatile ace in the hole, Fat Dave. Well now Fat Dave has had to pull out of tie with a virus. So it looks like new Capitan Modesto Vasquez will need to turn to Elf or else rest his team's hopes on Chucho. I have to think Elf steps in to play here, but who knows. Welcome to Davis Cup, Senor Vasquez!
- It seems everyone is viraling it up these days. The "virus" has also forced Muzz out of Britain's tie against the Ukraine. It's a shame because it's a home tie in Glasgow. Will Britain EVER get out of zonal play?
- A sciatic nerve injury is forcing Gonzo out of Chile's tie against Croatia, pretty much ending any hopes for Chile in that one. Itches for the win!
- As we all know, Roger is out of the Swiss/US tie with a back injury that he's trying to rehab. So best of luck, Team Stan.
- Despite the ITF's pleas to Sweden to reconsider it's decision to hold the Sweden/Israeli tie behind closed doors (i.e., no fans), Sweden is holding firm, citing security concerns. Meanwhile, there's lots of buzz about a number of protests (both anti-Israeli and pro-Israeli) that will take place in Malmo during the weekend. The Israeli players have been given "security escorts" wherever they go. And let's just say it's a little distracting.
Ok, now that that's over, let's get to the fun stuff...