Why do these two insist on wearing this crap? That ugly space suit thing is back for Serena, and JJ ditched the green (which actually looked great on her) and went with orange, which makes her look...well...orange.
Luckily it didn't derail her too much. She got into a bit of a dogfight with Tranny but was able to comeback from a break down in the second to force a tiebreaker and take the win. And how about the shellacking Momo gave to Errani, who had just beaten her in Fed Cup a few days ago. Just goes to show you, some people get up for Fed Cup, some people don't.
Incidentally, Ai had to pull out due to illness and she was replaced by Rezai, who was beat by Lena. I love the Lucky Loser rule. It's hilarious.
Play is ongoing, but here are the scores so far:
(1) Serena Williams (USA) d. Iveta Benesova (CZE) 61 64
(2) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) d. Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 75 76(2)
(3) Elena Dementieva (RUS) d. (LL) Aravane Rezai (FRA) 64 63
(6) Patty Schnyder (SUI) d. Alona Bondarenko (UKR) 64 76(3)
(8) Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) d. Sara Errani (ITA) 62 60
(Q) Emile Loit (FRA) d. Kaia Kanepi (EST) 26 63 61