Always fun to have an excuse to quote a Blur song.
Anyways, there's a thread going on at Tennis Forums right now asking for suggestions for ATP counterparts to WTA players. It's actually quite interesting. Here some suggestions:
- Justine -- Federer (all courter; one handed backhand; creative; precision games)
- Serena -- Nole (fiery; great movement; solid off both wings; dependable serves; willing to come to net but not super skilled yet; great transition game)
- JJ -- Gilles Simon (beat you with movement; weak serves; pushers who frustrate opponents into unforced errors; no dependable big shot)
- Ana -- James Blake (huge forehands and solid serves; go for broke games that when on are unstoppable; classy players; reputation for good sportsmanship)
- Lena -- Davydenko (solid players who are generally unable to perform at big tournaments; solid off both wings; very good movement)
- Sveta -- Andreev (use heavy spin but can hit with power; big serves; solid movement)
- A Rad -- Muzza (crafty counterpunchers; skilled at the baseline and the net; use a lot of variety to frustrate opponents)
- Nikki V. -- Berdych (big serve and forehand; promising young players who have failed to live up to the hype)
- Bepa -- Marat (headcases on the court; have to battle to keep emotions in control but when they do they are solid players)
- Dinara -- Roddick (not true counterpunchers but not true bashers either; fighters until the last point; really sweaty; strokes are hitchy and can go off)
- Venus -- Ancic (always in the mix at Wimbledon; comfortable at the net; big serves)
So, any other suggestions?