Tuesday's OOP. Baby Elephant starts her campaign at 11am EDT on Ashe. That's great news for me because that means I can watch it at 8am before I head to work. Then I can either be so elated I can't concentrate at work, or I will be so depressed that I will stay home from work. Either way, I win, and work loses.
Other top seeds in action: Fed, both Williamses, Gasquet, and Dinara.
- Ana vs. Dushevina (how's that thumb looking?)
- Marat vs. Not Afraid o ya Spadea (Which Marat will show up and how many racquets will he break?)
- Sam Stosur vs. Venus (I will not be shocked if Stosur upsets Venus here)
- Fed vs. Maximo Gonzalez (because any match involving Fed can't be taken for granted these days)
- Haas vs. "I'm not" Gasquet (how is this a first round match at a Grand Slam?)
- Berdych vs. Querrey (the JV version of last week's Ivo/Isner match)